Maintaining your Honda ATV is important to ensure it stays in the best operating condition and Colwyn Bay ATV knows your Honda best.
We are fully equipped to maintain and repair your ATV and only use new Honda genuine parts for repair and replacement. To keep your Honda ATV maintained correctly, please speak to Trevor Owen, our Service Manager, for recommendations applicable to your individual needs and use.
Important safety precautions:
- Make sure the engine is off before your begin any maintenance or repairs
- Be sure there is adequate ventilation whenever you operate the engine
- Let the engine exhaust system cool before touching
- Do not run the engine unless instructed to do so as detailed in the Owner’s Manual
- Make sure you have the tools and skills required before you begin
- Keep cigarettes, sparks and flames away from fuel related parts
Before every use please check the following:
- Check the oil level daily using the dipstick or the oil level indicator on the front crankcase cover
- Check condition of tyres and ensure correct inflation pressure
- Check coolant level where applicable
- Check for fuel/oil/water/brake fluid leaks
- Check brake fluid level and brake lever tension – there should be no more free play than listed in the owner’s manual
- Check steering for unobstructed lock to lock movement
- Check all exposed parts are free from dirt and debris
- Check wheel axle nuts are secure
- Check emergency stop switch is operating
- Check operation of all lights
For further details about maintenance, service or repair of your quad bike, please feel free to call us on 01492 535959.